Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Baby boy Christmas clothes

What's a baby's first Christmas without a totally cute outfit to wear? 


I pondered for a while what to do for the baby boy, at first I was going to make him a tie onesie to match hi big brother. But then I got to thinking, I'm a better sewer than that, what can I come up with using fabric just from the stash?


I followed the "make it up as you go along" pattern and there is still some fine tuning to do, the buttons on the straps are way to loose, but Toby seems to like his new threads. I am pleased with the overalls although next time I make some I will allow a bit more nappy room.


I was super thrilled when I thought of the idea of a newsboy cap, again I just winged it so the sizing needs works, first it was to small, now its a little big. I will work on this some more and may even get organised enough to post a tutorial next time! The question is now does the big boy need a cap too? He wants a Fedora but that might be a bit much to achieve in the next five days...



No comments: