Saturday, December 22, 2012

I sew therefore I am

We've been having some serious sleep issues here this week, the baby is waking every half to (if we're lucky) two hours. It isn't just your run of the mill waking, he is crying and to more I try and settle him the more he cries. I've taken to just getting up with him for a time in the middle of the night. As a result I am seriously sleep deprived and yesterday I was feeling very low. I have tried to sleep with daytime naps but it doesn't work for me,but...

I found if I can settle the baby put of my arms and sew for even 30mins I feel sew much more myself, hence the new title of this blog. Yesterday I made a very quick and simple blanket for my baby nephew, it used off cuts from his sling so will make a cute set. Unfortuently I got so carried away with the season spirit I wrapped it before I took a photo, probably best to leave pressure as a surprise however.

I have decided that as sewing bring me closer to my bliss I must try and do some every day next year, how's that for setting up for failure? But if I did it it might get made into a book and then a movie and I'd be played but Catherine Zeta Jones and be so glamorous and sexy while I blogged... Oh wait that movie already got made about food!

And there was that blog a couple of years ago 365 days of crafting but that doesn't mean I can't right, I would be making very different things. The challenge more is to have a finished project to blog everyday, one may sew everyday but that doesn't mean something is finished every day... I mean some days you just sew on a button take something up. So maybe the goal is to sew everyday and blog a minimum of every second day, because when i sew therefore i am.

No comments: