Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Christmas crafts



It must be that its a traditionally crafty time of year that suddenly I am all a crafting, that and crafting to theme is always easier to think ideas up.

Around in the start of December is the time to deck the halls, so to begin I put together this simple but rather nice wreath.


It is a quick creation using some lengths of ivy cut from our back fence twisted into the ring, I then found the two wee birds in the decoration bag and made a quick bow for hanging from a scrap of bias binding.  For something that came together so quickly I am very pleased with the outcome and it is lovely to come home to it on the front door.

Next it was time for a Christmas stocking for baby Toby, a few years ago we had purchased a set of three stockings along a white and red theme so it was essential to keep this going, I choose to make the stocking a mini stocking as Toby is a mini boy still.


Again a simple job, shape and decorations are cut from felt, the stars were pre-made ones that live in the craft kit, from where I remember not. I glued on the decorations and then blanket stitched the front and back together.

I am fairly please with the outcome although the rain-deer does have a rather maniacal smile!

And most importantly it sits well in our Christmas corner.



No comments: