Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Simple sewing for a fragile day

Yesterday, my regular clinic appointment at the hospital turned into a five hour stay with the nine year old in tow! All because of one slightly high blood pressure reading, many test and regular readings later they declared I was able to go home. But my goodness me, I feel so popped by it all today, I really could have slept all day. Alas this was not an option being the school holidays, so I did some simple sewing instead, with the regular interruptions of look what I've made with my Lego now...


I know it looks like just a pile of fabric but its actually a simple stretchy baby wrap, the first project to be made with the meters of knitted fabric I scored when they were cleaning out at work. Its not so much a sewing project as a cutting one, cutting five meters of 150mm wide fabric down to 65mm wide. I added the patch of pattern purely to make the centre more obvious. I'll have till wait till bubs comes out to see if it works like it should!


Next I made up a quick fleece change mat, something to put down when out and about to avoid those icky change tables that are supplied in parents rooms.


Its a cute birdie fleece lined with a pale green microfleece. I added two pockets at the bottom to stash a spare nappy and wipes and a simple ribbon tie to hold it all together. 


And lastly, a few sunny wipes to add to the stash, using an off cute from chenille blanket and some cute carnival toweling I found on special last week.


Still haven't worked out how many is enough when it comes to wipes, I have about a dozen now, probably need a few more still, I have enough of this toweling for a few more, hopefully that will be enough...

No comments: